Pages

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Cleveland Days 1 & 2

Welcome to Cleveland!

The last two days have been filled with waiting rooms and a lot of walking around and getting settled into the UH campus.
Monday was Pre-Op workup, admissions, and an MRI. All went fine with the added bonus of waiting over an hour for both the pre-Op and the MRI... :) Gotta love the hospital timeline.

We finally settled into our hotel for the night and were grateful that they have a full service restaurant in the lobby so we could relax and not go anywhere. The hotel is literally a stone's throw away from the hospital so this morning, rather than get our car out of Valet, we enjoyed a sunny walk over for more appointments.

Today's appointments were with the Surgeon and the Neurologist, Dr.'s Miller & Luders. Both Dr.'s were very good at explaining everything and preparing Jared and I for tomorrow's surgery to place the electrodes.

We did find out that they will have to shave my whole head...I thought it might not have to happen but because I will be having electrodes on both sides of my brain they will shave the whole thing. SO today I bought this...

This is a head wrap...cute huh!? :) I don't think I can be comfortable walking around with just bald and since I will have bandages to cover for a while this will help. What do you think? I think I'm going to get a few hats too that are specifically for bald heads, just to make it easier. Plus, a girl can't have just one accessory right! ;)

We ran into some trouble with our insurance company when we were at the office today. They apparently were having some sort of difficulty understanding what the procedures were for and therefore were unwilling to approve them. Jared and I were not terribly concerned because we knew that if God had brought us this far and had cleared the way for us that He certainly could get this issue resolved for us. We sent out a request to our families to pray and for those of you who heard about it as a result and did pray, thank you. God does what he wants and he knows how to move things into the right place when we need them. There was a Dr. on staff at our insurance company who heard about our issue and was able to step in to help the agents understand why the procedures are necessary and they approved my surgery and monitoring stay before we left the office this afternoon.

So now that the rest of the evening is free JW and I are planning on having a nice evening together before the crazy starts tomorrow. We have to be there by 6:00am with surgery starting somewhere around 8:30am.

We are so thankful for this opportunity and we're thankful for you're support. We will update you as we can.

Blessings,
-CW