Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A View from The Couch

Week 26...

So week 26 started with a full ultrasound at the high risk Dr. Both babies are doing great! Growth charts show that they are both right in the normal range for a single baby which is good news that means they are fat and happy in there. I hope they like it enough to stay put for 8 more weeks at least. :)

Here is Baby A's 3D. This is the only good shot of A we got this time around because he/she was being camera shy.
And here is Baby B's 3D.
So based on these new 3D ultrasounds some of the family members have changed their predictions about what we're having. Mostly the guess now is that B is a boy and A is a girl.... We shall see! :)

After my appointments in the morning I got to spend the day with my mom and sister and they surprised me with a girls night at my house and invited some of my best friends. We had a great time and I was so thankful to have my friends over and get to do something that felt "normal". This week has been a difficult one for me mentally. I'm starting to really have a tough time being cooped up and doing nothing but laying around. I know that it is what's best but I can't help but feel like life is passing by and I'm not really participating in it. I know that this time is teaching me a lot about myself and it's showing me some of the things that I do during a normal week that maybe aren't really worth my time. It is showing me how to take deeper breaths and to really "be still" and know that God is taking care of me, my husband, the babies, and everything else around me that I would normally feel "in control" of. So the moral of this week is that God is in control. He knows what he's doing even when it feels out of control. So maybe you're not on bed rest but maybe you could take a minute or an hour this week to spend some time in quiet and reflecting on what God is already doing around you.

Blessings from the couch! :)
-CW

1 comment:

  1. Aww, the 3D pictures are so different from the usual but I still say one is a boy and one a girl. What a blessing they are growing right on target. I know it must be hard for you to "be still" most women are the same way when it comes to handling the home. But as you say God is showing you what quiet times is really all about. Looking forward to Sat. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete