Pages

Friday, July 04, 2014

Life Lately…

Sorry it's been SO long since my last post. :{ Honestly, I've been in  a completely strange world these past four weeks. Some kind of weird mix of emotions, post-surgery healing, and parenting challenges. 

This week was supposed to be our week "away" camping with my family and we were so excited. I know right. Call us CRAZY~ 19 month old twins, an '84 truck camper, a dog, and a weather forecast for rain. So this was year 2 of using our camper and if you remember This post, JW and I were so pumped about our retro camper and all the detail we were putting into it. This year we had to do another renovation to it so that it would be once again safe for the kids. Jared put up a new divided bed for them and I wrapped the center piece with double thick cotton batting and then fabric so if they moved around it would be soft.


So this was about the only thing that did work right with this trip. :D The kids slept great and they loved their bed. 

We ended up cutting our trip short and heading home for a couple of reasons. First, I really was in no shape to be there. I over estimated my physical ability going into it. Because of all the extra activity and the crawling in and out of the camper I ended up with the cords from my DBS unit running from my chest to my brain being tighter than usual and pretty uncomfortable. Bummer. We sent some pictures to the Dr. and so far it sounds like it's nothing to worry about. 

The second reason for leaving was more simplistic, It was just a little much to be chasing around the kids with them at the stage that they're in and me not at 100%. We had plenty of people there that were willing to help watch the kids but at the end of the day I didn't want babysitters; I wanted to be enjoying my kids with my husband during his time off and that wasn't happening. So we'll try again another time. 

Since being home we've already done some fun things together enjoying the slow pace. Today we went to the John Ball Zoo in GR and we enjoyed watching the kids squeal with excitement watching all the animals. They especially loved the monkeys and the fish! Here are some pics from our day… 








We hope you have a safe and happy Fourth of July!! 

Blessings friends! 
-CW 

No comments:

Post a Comment