Pages

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Week 20

Week 20  is flying by! I'm feeling great still and so thankful that I have had such a smooth pregnancy thus far. We will have another appointment on Friday with the OB; just a regular check up but can't wait to hear the heartbeats. That doesn't ever get old! I am feeling BIG this week though. Seems like I can watch my belly grow per minute! :) Well, that's exaggerating a bit I guess but for real this last week has been a stretching one. I'm making sure to lather on the Coco Butter every night now! No visible stretch marks yet but I'm sure they will come if I continue to grow as big as I think I'm going to get. :)

This past week was a big one at work too. After much prayer, and discussion with Jared and my family, I've decided to quit working in September and be a full time mommy when these little ones get here. This was a big decision for me because I have worked outside of the home since I was 14 and I enjoy work (to a degree, like most I'm sure). However, I have always wanted to be able to stay at home with my kids too. I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with the babies and to care for them, my husband, and my house fully. Of course I know that with the stresses of being a mom to twins there will be days when I will need a reprieve and this is where my amazing family comes in. I have so many loving women in our family that have offered to help with the babies and I feel incredibly blessed and overwhelmed with peace because I know that we are not in this parenting journey alone. I am so excited about what is to come and I can't wait to share some of those moments with you.

Lately, I'm getting so antsy to get my house in order, nesting syndrome is setting in. But we have some work to do before I can jump into that. The room we will be using as the nursery needs to be drywalled and we haven't started yet. :( We will be starting that project very soon and I will post before and after shots once we get going. I think I've finally narrowed down the theme of the nursery though so that helps me feel like I've accomplished something. :)

Well, that's all for now.
Sleep well, God Bless,

-CW

1 comment:

  1. Anxious to see your nursery theme and so happy your doing so well.

    ReplyDelete