Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Fall Flavors

Completely His By: Shannon Ethridge. So far this is a great read for women who want to love Jesus without limits. I'll update you on how it is when I finish it. So Far so good.


Love as a Way of Life Devotional By: Gary Chapman. This is a 90 day devotional book based off of Chapman's latest book. Love as a Way of Life. I'm reading this one at night and it's been really challenging for my faith. Gary includes Scripture passages at the beginning of each devo and then concludes with a thought provoking question. Very good.


Through the Storm By: Lynne Spears mother of Britany, Jamie Lynn, and Bryan Spears. This is a biography of Lynne's life as a daughter, sister, mother and now in the face of fame and a tabloid world. Lynne shares her faith in God and her desire to see her children walk with him. This is an interesting read. It's not what you would expect it to be. Lynne is trying to be a good mother and walk in faith with God while trying to deal with temptations of the world and the storm of stardom that has taken over her family's life. Very interesting read, tell me what you think if you read it.

It's officially fall now and I am absolutely loving every minute of it! I am a jeans and sweater girl all the way and I wish that this weather would last as long as winter does here in MI. School is going good so far. It hasn't demanded too much of me yet but things are starting to pick up now that we are preparing for mid-terms. My life seems very busy right now and my mind wants to be anywhere but school but I know that school is only temporary and If I work really hard to get through this year I will soon be done. What's new?? Hunting season starts tomorrow for Jer and He is super excited about that. In fact he called me today from San Diego CA and started sniffing through the phone saying "it's time"! Ahh the joys of being a hunter's wife, but I wouldn't have it any other way! Trevor Mark is growing leaps and bounds and is already almost 10lbs. He's adorable and a very good baby. No complaints from mommy and daddy. Youth group is huge at church right now and we have been getting anywhere from 80-100 kids every week which is huge for us!! God is doing great things there and it's exciting to be a part of. My sister in-law's wedding is in 3 months and everyone is buzzing for that. Showers have started and we are all looking forward to that happy day. Also my Best Friend from Pine Ridge Camp Anna Ivie is getting married in May and has asked me to be her Matron of Honor so I've been busy busy planning with her and having a blast because it's not my own wedding! :D So needless to say things are busy but God has been teaching me so much through all of this crazyness.



Sleep Well, God Bless,
CW

3 comments:

  1. Love to hear your book pics (can I read them when you're done, or do you have them on approval?) and what's up in your life. Great to be with you at retreat...just wish we would have had more time to chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:08 PM

    Rhonda,
    I have Completely His and Love as a Way of Life at home for you to borrow when I'm done but the Lynne Spears book I had on loan from the store So I gave it back. What's up in my life??? Hmm.. A lot! School, Work, Marriage, Small groups, Youth Group, Family, you know just the normal things of life. I'm doing well though if that's what you mean. I wish we would have had more time to chat at retreat too. It was good to have a little time with you though! See you soon!
    CW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant that I love to hear what's up in your life...and you answered that in your blog. :) Sounds like you're a busy and content woman. :)

    ReplyDelete