Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Falling for Fall

August 30, 2007

It's been one of those relaxing, get things done around the house, eat a good breakfast, eat a good lunch type of day. The weather is calming down to a beautiful 70's range and the day feels longer and more productive than in the heat of the summer. Jared and I took a nice walk in the woods at his grandma's house last night. it was good just to get out into the open air and breath in the sights, sounds and smells of the country. I'm really gearing up for fall now with new fall scented candels throughout the house and warm coffee early in the morning. I think i must be a sucker for the change of seasons because every time i go outside i'm scoping out the trees hoping to find some change in color. I have actually seen a few trees starting to turn to bright reds. It's beautiful. I started school on monday and so far so good. My MWF class was switched, out of nowhere, to an on-line course. Something new for Cornerstone. So i'm taking one online and two regular classes. My teachers all seem really nice; good fits for their subject area if you know what i mean. My Education teacher is a hoot; really up beat, a morning person type. My Philosopy teacher is a thinker, the kind who can spend half the class rambling on and on about who knows what and still keep the idea of the class going. Then there's my online teacher, i don't really know much about her, but she seems nice. At any rate, i'm anticipating a good semester. My next class should start in about 15 min. then i have to work tonight... it's been a while since i've worked at night. I hope i still know what to do! :D I suppose i'll leave you with a thought for the day....

"11When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"
12On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[
a] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."'

From Matthew 9:11-13

1 comment:

  1. Yes - fall is great, isn't it?! And I just heard Jake's name over the loudspeaker at the football game. :) Keep telling about your class - I like to hear about them.

    ReplyDelete