Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Sneekin' up like wild flowers

Sometimes the most beautiful things in life just seem to sneek right up on you. For example, in the spring, just about the time you think winter might just be over for the season, you find yourself staring summer in the face with the beauty of a small wild flower. Many days have passed since that night in december when Jared and i made it official that we would one day become Husband and Wife. That day, is 2 days away! It is such a good feeling to know that soon the details will be over, Thank You's will be sealed and sent, Tears will be cried and dried, and the photos will soon seem old. I do not want to rush the day away. I do want to be a wife and i do want to love my husband with the love that only God our Father and supply us with. I long to have life and have it to the fullest. I know that there will be hard days, and very hard days, but i look forward to going through those with my best friend and our God. Throughout the years that i prayed for my unknown husband God laid a piece of scripture on our hearts it is found in Ecclesiastes 4:12; it reads, "... A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." i have recently been so encouraged again by this verse and it's promise that though we are only two people together as we seek God we have the power of that threefold cord to withstand the storms that life will eventually bring. Jared and I appriciate any prayers you may offer for us as we begin our marriage and we look forward to serving together for the Kingdom. The days will be over soon but the love will last forever. Though the wild flower seems to end with the season, it always comes through in the spring. likewise, as love seems to have it's seasons it's life is always there....

Sleep well,
God Bless.
-Christina Lindsey

2 comments:

  1. Christina, I am so excited for you! I know you will enjoy marriage, and you have a great outlook on it already. You are so wise for not wanting to rush the day... even though it will still go by before you know it! :-)

    Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    Christina,
    I was so blessed to be a small part of the wedding last Saturday. You and Jared are a couple who I know were truly brought together by the Father to do great things in His kingdom. I know pride is a sin, but still I am so proud that I can be your Uncle. God loves you and so do I.
    Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete