Pages

Monday, June 12, 2006

And they're off!

Well, Camp season has begun and things are moving so quickly. It seems like just yesterday i was sitting in this office praying that God would open the doors for me to come to Pine Ridge and work with all of the children here. Now, I'm sitting in the office writting to all of you totally pooped because we've all been working our tails off and learning so much getting ready for the kids to come. This week we have neighborhood camp Monday and Tuesday for all of the kids around the lake and then Wed. through Friday we have Freddies Friends, which are mentaly challenged people ranging from the ages of twenty to eighty with the mind frame of seven to fifteen year olds. I know that it will be so intense and draining but i cannot wait. I am so excited about it! Pray for me that my heart would be sensitive to what God is asking me to do and that my heart would be so sensitive to the needs of the men and women in freddies friends group and also the Children that will be coming soon. I love you all and I need your prayers.

I hope you are all well.
God Bless, Sleep Well!!
-Christina Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl,
    You will do great. I hope you are really enjoying being a councoler I know you will be an amazing one. Guess What they pulled me to work in the Health Office for the first week. It's so much fun and I thing I want to try it next year. There are down sides to it but for the most part it is a blast. Campers are here and it's so great to see and hear them running around it brings so much life to the camp. After this week I will be moving into a Trailor with 9 other girls it should be lots of fun. We named ourselves the Pink Flamingos. And we are going to make shirts and decortate the trailor it's going to be so much fun. And there are so many other stories to tell like how the squires got into the snack shack and ate some candy and how I was squashed by a pile of wood but I fine. No major injurys. I also found out that they plan to go to Romaina again so I told them that I was interested and I should find out soon more about it. I feel so bad not being able to communicate more but I feel much more busy this year than last year. Last night the other nurse assiatate and I were up until 1:45 in the morning doing paper work. We were able to go to fight night so that was nice to be able to get out of the office for a while. Tell Mac I said Hi if you see him for me. I hope you are having the time of your life. I will talk to ya later. Take Care and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete